On this day, 7 December 1941, Japan Declared War on the United States by bombing the Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor. My Great-Uncle Lou was a 1st Lt in the Medical Corps and station there on that fateful day. Fate had it that he would not be on his ship that day, but in a staff meeting on island. We must remember and keep this day hallowed.
I offer you the words that President Franklin Delano Roosevelt said to a joint session of Congress on 8 December 1941: “Yesterday, December 7, 1941 — a date which will live in infamy — the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.”
I fear this day has lost it luster in the minds of my fellow Americans. We need to wake up, yes we have had our own “Day of Infamy” in this new millenium, but that does not equate to the sanctity of Pearl Harbor Day. Wake up, those who sleep to history are doomed to have it repeated!
May Almighty God take mercy on those that perished on that fateful day, and comfort us as a nation. May He awaken our hearts and eyes to be ever watchful to the destroyers of Freedom. Amen.
Let not this memory fade from our minds! Lest this day be a shadow and not a day of infamy.
Rt. Rev. Edward L. Tatro, Jr.
Thank you to my Brother-From-Another-Mother Shaun for my final star, when you have a chance get over to his page and have a good read!
1. Select the blog (s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog (s) you have chosen. There are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required. Present the blog (2) with their award.
3. Let the blogs(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them. ( Please don’t alter the instructions or the badges. )
4. Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog of the Year 2013 Award via this link: http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5. You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page.Click the link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear Share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6. And as a winner of this award, please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award and then proudly display the award on your blog. and start collecting stars!
Two of my very loving friends returned to me the honor I bestowed upon them, Patty and Horty; I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
An Award from The Bishop’s Study!
The Parliament Award
Everyone knows that I love owls and wolves. We know that a group of wolves is called a pack, but did you know that a group of owls is called a Parliament? Owls have for centuries been symbols of wisdom and love, and wolves are a symbol of strength, loyalty and family.
I’ve created this award for those people who are in my Parliament & Pack. You mean so very much to me, and you all show what I stand for: Love. Hate is not part of your vocabulary.
The Rules for this award are as followed:
- Firstly, display the Award on your site (see Award page or sidebar!) You earned it and you deserve it!
- List a few things that make you a loyal member.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Nominate at least five (5) well deserving bloggers whose loyalty and love you value and consider part of your Parliament and Pack; for the Award and let them know the wonderful news by sending them a message on their site.
1. My large and loving heart.
2. My sense of duty.
3. My large broad shoulders.